EVERYTHING IS EMBARRASSING (EVEN THIS POST)

by Bruce on Wednesday, January 9, 2013


I really don't geek out over things so damn hard as I did this video and more importantly the song. I recall drunkenly coming across this video on my phone riding home from somewhere... or in my bed... one or the other. And saying "damn, I hate this girl... but I know I'm actually super really incredibly in love with her."



I know, the contradiction is confusing but I will try to explain.  I'm around girls that look like this damn near all the time. Twiggy, unoriginal, pretty and cute but bland party girls who think they are 'artists'.  So at first glance I could have dismissed it, but I didn't and I was brought to some weird place emotionally that very few things (music, people or otherwise) have taken me to.

Then, as with most experiences in my life, I fell asleep and forgot about it. That is until good friends of mine Ed Blammo and Shawn Ryan put out their yearly retrospective mix and woke me the fuck back up with track number two.

HOLY GOD IN HEAVEN. It's like angels are singing into my eyes. The combination of the visual, her voice, the stripped beat, pop lyric (who dosen't want to be someone's lover?) and the pianos (which anyone who knows me, knows I love pianos) plus the melancholy but hopeful melodies and swelling synths, I couldn't ask for anything more from a song.

This song makes me nervous like I'm 14 and the chick I like walks past me at lunch.

Any other day this would be some kids with an expensive camera doin' their thing that would get lost in the internet. And for a moment, for me, it was. But I can't stop playing it.

Maybe deep down I like girls that look stupid as hell and who's only problems are that they get cold a lot and the bar dosen't have their brand of white zin. Or maybe I need to sack up and stop crying but damnit this song is perfect and should win all the Grammy®'s.

All of them.

ps. this is the last song I geeked out over

No comments yet.

Write a comment: