5 DAYS 5 SONGS (UPDATED)

by Bruce on Monday, January 14, 2013



In anticipation for Friday's (Jan 18th) Electric City: 360º of NITEWAX, I'll post some songs I'm diggin' on right now (old and new).

MONDAY
Michael Watford - So Into You (Inner City Club Mix)


I so love this song. Nothing to overdone and it makes you feel all good up in the club.


TUESDAY
Teeloo - Sooo Oooh



This song is so great. This is one of my "secret weapons" I find myself often using as a party break (albiet a smooth-as-fuck one) to give people a break from the four four stuff. I rarely plet it play all the way out but it so deserves to be heard from beginning to end. 


WEDNESDAY
Action Bronson - Sylvester Lungren Feat. Mayhem Lauren & Ag Da Coroner



Damn son. This is brilliant. Takes me back to high school in the early 2000s when Dave Fine introduced me to Jedi Mind Tricks.  I'm a huge hip hop fan. That being said, here lately it takes a lot to get my attention when it comes to hip hop. THIS (song and mixtape) I'll admit was on my radar for a while but got thrown in the 'later' bin. As  long time Alchemist admirer, not sure why I didn't just pick it up and rock but things happen at the right time for the right reason.  This isn't the standout record on the tape, but I'll be damned if I don't just keep playing it. And I'm not sure who those other two dues are, but I may have to scope them out.


THURSDAY
Hall & Oates feat. Chromeo - I Can't Go For That LIVE!



In the #TBT Throwback Thursday tradition I thought I'd go into the archives with not only a little Philly blue eyed soul, but a live version with Hall & Oates 2K, Chromeoooo-eeeee-oooo-eee-ooo.  Loved this so much that I shamelessly play the ripped version instead of the original. I CAN go for that.



FRIDAY (+ a BONUS!)
Siriusmo - High Together


.... and finally the last installment of 5 days, 5 songs, a big room favorite of mine, Siriusmo's High Together.  This inspirational tune sounds so good in the club and is a killer ender track.

ALSO Dimitri From Paris's dub version of this Little Boots Remix!  You can download this shit too!  I will 99% probably play this tonight.... that's right TONIGHT at Kung Fu Necktie in Philly. Doors at 10:30!



The party....

No comments yet.

Write a comment: