IN THA HOUSE CHART #1

by Bruce on Monday, November 5, 2012


Hey all, here's a chart of some dance tunes that I've either been plying in the club, dug up or came across. Enjoy.


1. Tee Circus - Plus 8 (Hidden Cat Remix)
The homie Hidden Cat is super slept on. I've been playing this in my sets for a long time. This is 130, it may be intimidating some but it's just as dramatic pitched down.


2. Synthe Tigers - I Love You EP (THE WHOLE DAMN THING)
Not a joke. Just listen. 





3. Walker & Royce - Little Things (Eli Escobar Remix) - Plant
Eli coming hard once again on this flip of a Walker & Royce flip of a janet jackson classic. I'm always wary of obvious pitched down samples (stevie, chic, ewf, etc) but I think this one worked out. I'm looking forward to playing this (and the OG) quite a bit.



3. White Shadow - Get Down (Rick Rude Remix) - Kitsuné
LA hombre Rick Rude who is killing it on the left coast, drops this beast. Dance floor tested, mother approved. You can DL this bitch for free here.




4. George Fitzgerald - Child (NY Stomp Remix) - AUS Music
I heard Juan Maclean play this when we did a party together in Philly. Needless to say this is a monster.


5. Lumidisco - Ragazzini - Hell Yeah
Hell yeah is right! This is another floor crusher that I managed to look over this summer.  The smoothed out disco sounds and that heavy bass line is tres magnifique!





6. Nicholas - Can You Understand - NMH
Hell yeah is right ! This is another floor crusher that I managed to look over this summer.



7. Detroit Swindle - Brotherman - Freerange

As featured in my Fashionably Late mix, I'm in love with this tune. The pitched down sample, the synth lines and the heavy drums give me chills. 



8. Bicep - Keep Keep - Feel My Bicep

This A2 track off of the Vision of love EP from Bicep is as much of a floor killer as the title track.  This is a throwback to 90s New York with a simple but powerful vocal sample with heavy and gritty drums.   As much as future classic as Vision. 


9. Cajmere feat. Wayne Williams - Acid House - Cajual
What's old is new again. This near perfect tune from the legend Cajmere and vocals from another legend, Wayne Willams, take you through the beginnings of the powerful sound of Acid House.  I LOVE house jams that talk to you.... literally. It makes for an interesting dance floor reaction. Watching the ADE live stream, almost everyone (including Cajmere) played this joint. Beat that mother!!!!


10. CLASSIC JOINT*** MK - Somebody New - KMS, 1989
A classic joint from THE Mark Kinchen.



- B





No comments yet.

Write a comment: